I am passing along a delicious recipe from a member. You will most likely get to try it with some more kale or chard this week:
Kale with beans soup
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
4 large cloves garlic
½ medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cups chopped raw kale
2 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 [15 oz.] can white beans such as cannellini or navy, undrained
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup chopped parsley as garnish, if desired
1. Heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion; sauté until soft.
2. Add kale and sauté, stirring, until wilted.
3. Add 1½ cup broth, 1 cup beans, and all of the tomato, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. In blender or food processor, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
5. Stir beans and broth combination into soup to thicken. Simmer 15 minutes or until ingredients are as soft as you prefer. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Cals. per serving: 182
Total fat per serving: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 269 mg
Total carbs: 31 g
Dietary fiber: 7.3 g
Protein: 1 g